How Do I Name a Guardian for My Children if Something Happens to Me?

You can name a guardian for your minor children in your will. Of course, you should discuss this in advance with the person you have chosen to make sure they are willing to serve in this capacity. It is also a good idea to name a successor guardian in case your first choice is no longer able and willing to serve as guardian when needed.